Admission procedure for the academic year 2021-2022
Dear students, dear parents,
For the upcoming academic year, the Athénée de Luxembourg will hold admission tests for the following grades:
- Grade 7
- Grade 10
- Grade 12 (First year of IB DP)
In order to be admissible to the international classes, students must fulfill certain requirements.
a) Age requirement
- For Grade 7, students must have completed their Primary education and be born before August 31st, 2010.
- For Grade 10, students must be born before August 31st, 2007.
- For Grade 12, students must be born before August 31st, 2005.
b) Preliminary interview
- The candidate needs to pass the interview in order to be eligible to sit the tests.
c) Admission tests in the following subjects need to be passed:
- Grade 7: English and Mathematics
- Grade 10: English, Mathematics, French
- Grade 12: English, Mathematics, French, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
The admission procedure to the international classes of the Athénée includes the following steps:
1) Registration form to be sent in between November 15th
and March 1st (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
2) Portfolio to be sent in by March 13th, 2021.
3) Preliminary Interview with a board of examiners in the week of March 29th - April 2nd, 2021.
4) Admission tests on May 14th and May 17th, 2021.
5) Results issued on May 21st, 2021.
Upon reception of the registration form, students will receive the information package including:
- Programmes for the admission tests
- Instructions regarding the portfolio
- Instructions regarding admission procedure